Short let guide for tenants
A short let is a property that can be rented for a couple of weeks up to six months (subject to local authority restrictions). They cover most types of property from a studio to a ten bedroom house, and all utility bills are included in the rent (excluding telecoms).
Short lets offer short-term accommodation which can be more cost-effective and flexible than staying in a hotel or serviced apartment, while offering a home-from-home experience with more space and privacy
Allowing flexibility to choose length of tenancy, location and type of accommodation, or extend your stay at your convenience, short-term rentals are the ideal solution for your stay in London, whether you’re here on business, planning a longer-term relocation, or just want to spend some time in the capital without the huge hotel bill.
There are many reasons why you might want to consider a short let, such as:
- You are relocating for a new job
- You are temporarily relocating for business
- You are a contract worker required to work in different locations
- You are attending a training course, business or sporting event
- You are visiting relatives for an extended period
- You are visiting from overseas either on a short or medium-term visa
- Your main primary property is having work done to it
- You are awaiting completion on a house sale or purchase
- You want to experience London without committing to a long-term rental
Benefits to short let tenants:
- Better value with more privacy, space and amenities than a hotel
- Flexibility in terms of location and length of tenancy (you have the option to extend your tenancy on a weekly or monthly basis at your landlord's discretion)
- Home comforts in a family-friendly environment where you can come and go as you please
- Plenty of space and the ability to spread out and cater for guests
- Privacy – the same level as being in your primary property, with your own front door
- Simplicity of minimal paperwork required, and a ready-furnished property
- Broadband, TV and utility bills are usually included in the rental
- Option to extend your tenancy – ideal if you’re here on business or buying a home here
All our short let properties are furnished to a high standard with appliances and household items such as towels, linen, crockery and electrical goods are supplied. Contact us for more information.